The Land Use & Planning Department is headed by the Head, Land Use & Planning Department (HLUPD).
- Process applications for Building and land Use Permits within the legal time frame
- Monitor Development
- Attend promptly to complaints
- Take legal action against unlawful development.
Main Legislative Framework:
- Local Government Act 2011
- Town and Country Planning Act 1954
- Planning and Development Act 2004
- Building Control Act 2012
- Environment Protection Act 2002
- Ensure that 100% applications are determined within legal time frame
- Ensure that all development are carried out as per approved plans.
- Protecting the Environment Sensitive Areas and also the Coastal zone against climate change issues and unlawful development.
- Provide accurate information on National Interest projects such as smart cities and Property Development Scheme.
- Encouraging the District Council of Savanne Residents to be law abiding citizens when it comes to development.